awards

Big Winners At People’s Choice Award 2015: Robert Downey Jr., ‘The Big Bang Theory’, Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift! ‘Shake It Off’ Favorite Song Of People

12:30 PM

People's Choice Award 2015 | Photo by IB Times
Photo by IB Times

The people finally revealed their choices in the recently concluded People’s Choice Award 2015 held at Nokia Theater in Los Angeles last January 7.

Robert Downey Jr. and “The Big Bang Theory”, Jennifer Lawrence, and Taylor Swift were the big winners for 2015 People’s Choice Award.

The “Iron-Man” and “The Judge” star received two awards – Favorite Movie Actor and Favorite Dramatic Movie Actor. Downey has been the Favorite Movie Actor for four straight years now.

When he accepted the award he said, “This is perfect for me because I love people; I’m crazy about movies; and I prefer people who love my movies.”

CBS’ comedy show “The Big Bang Theory” beat the other two crowd-favorite and high-rated TV shows: “The Walking Dead” and “Game of Thrones” in the Favorite TV Show category of 2015 People’s Choice Award.

The show also bagged the Favorite Network TV Comedy award, and its star Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting won over the award from Amy Poehler, Melissa McCarthy, Sofia Vergara, and Zooey Deschanel.

The “The Big Bang Theory” actress, during her acceptance speech, forgot to thank her husband Ryan Sweeting.

“I’m feeling really guilty about that right now,” the 29-year-old actress told Entertainment Tonight’s Brooke Anderson in an interview backstage during the People’s Choice Award 2015.

“I got so overwhelmed and self-involved, that I totally forgot him. I just had sinus surgery and he’s been taking care of me for two weeks; so yeah, I’m really sorry. I love you. I feel really stupid.”

The 24-year-old “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” actress Jennifer Lawrence beat Angelina Jolie twice as she won both the Favorite Movie Actress and Favorite Action Movie Actress awards, wherein the “Maleficent” actress was nominated too.

Lawrence was not present during the event to personally accept her People’s Choice Award 2015 trophies.

For Music category, Taylor Swift got three awards, one for her song “Shake It Off”, from “1989” album. Swift took home the Favorite Female Artist and Favorite Pop Artist awards.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments! Have a nice day!

Keep visiting Every-Witchy Way.

Cheers,
Prudence Charlz

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews