avril lavigne

Everyday’s a bliss with Avril Lavigne, Jason Mraz, Paramore, and Maroon 5

5:08 PM

I can say my day won’t be complete without playing my playlist with songs of Avril Lavigne, Jason Mraz, Paramore, and Maroon 5. It’s a morning routine while preparing for work, and let’s save the singing part in the latter part of this post, hehe!

Yeah, perhaps you have songs in your mind that you want to listen to because you can relate to them but not necessarily your favorite ones. You play them in a week without getting tired of hearing, but after a month it dies down. I don’t know what you will call it, but definitely those songs are not your favorite, so quit claiming.

However, if after a week you start to play them again then I will then agree that those songs really capture your heart and soul both by their music and lyrics. Some just love the beat, some likes the lyrics, but those who both embrace the music and lyrics will never get tired of playing and even singing them.

Why am I saying this? Because even though I like the 2 artists and the 2 bands I’ve mentioned I would never say that all their songs are my favorite. I don’t even know in which album those songs I like included. Haha! Yeah, believe me I don’t really care about the album. So I always skip answering that question unless I know. :)

Since I heard these lines:
“If I could say what I want to say,
I’d say I wanna blow you … away
Be with you every night
Am I squeezing you too tight
If I could say what I want to see
I want to see you go down
On one knee
Marry me today
Guess, I’m wishing my life away
With these things I’ll never say.”

So I also guess you know in which song it is. If you’re answer is Things I’ll Never Say (by Avril Lavigne) then you are absolutely right! This song I can say is one of my favorites because even until now I get never tired of listening to it and playing it.

But this one:
“He was a skater boy, she said, ‘See ya later, boy.’
He wasn’t good enough for her.
She had a pretty face but her head was up in space.
She needed to come back down to earth.”

Oh, I love it, I love singing it at karaoke hahaha but I don’t include it in my playlist. Skater Boy is good song, but I won't happen to listen to it every day.

Some other songs of Avril in my playlist that I’m pretty sure that I won’t get tired of listening to are Smile, I Love You, When You’re Gone, and Slipped Away; while these I still have to figure out if there will fall on my favorite songs category: Everybody Hurts, Hot, Not Enough, Remember When, Wish You Were Here, and 4 Real.

If you are constant visitor, or even occasional one, of Every-Witchy Way then you know what Jason Mraz’s songs are my favorites. Last May 14 when he had his Manila concert at Smart Araneta Coliseum, I was one of those who got a chance to be serenaded by his truly lovely and captivating voice. It was really a wonderful night of jamming (is jamming the right term?) with him and his band. Two of my all-time most wanted songs of him are I Won’t Give Up and I’m Yours not to mention the music videos. All of his songs are nice and meaningful, believe me, but I never had a chance to listen to all of them so I stick with the two of his songs that I really love.

I didn’t know Paramore until my best friend/travel buddy had introduced the band to me, and to my surprise it is behind the song Decode. Hahaha! Yes, I was really surprised because I know the song but I didn’t know who performed it at that time. So, when I realized I know them I searched for its other songs and then I got really hooked in listening to its songs Last Hope, Hate to See Your Heartbreak, Still Into You, and of course The Only Exception (which I have my own version on Sound Cloud, ehem, but please don’t expect too much; Disclaimer: I’m not a singer I just love to sing.) Sorry, I hate to write disclaimer but it’s my defense mechanism. Hahahaha! I bet you’ll say I just stick to writing. :P

All right then here’s Maroon 5. Let me sing the song Moves Like Jagger when at karaoke I will sing it and will even groove to the beat, but I don’t really know what the song means. Do you know? Here’s my all-time much loved songs in my selection: Beautiful Goodbye, Daylight, Love Somebody, and Wipe Your Eyes. They are soooo soothing to the ears, especially Wipe Your Eyes.

Come on, sing with me:
“Hey you, come over and let me embrace you
I know that I’m causing you pain too
But remember if you need to cry
I’m here to wipe your eyes
Tonight before you fall asleep
I run my thumb across your cheek (across your cheek)
Cry ‘cause I’m here to wipe your eyes
I know I made you feel this way
You gotta breathe, we’ll be okay (be okay)
Cry ‘cause I’m here to wipe your eyes.”

Okay, that’s all for today. Thank you for singing with me.

But before closing this window, please join me in listening to my another favorite song:


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your comments! Have a nice day!

Keep visiting Every-Witchy Way.

Cheers,
Prudence Charlz

Popular Posts